1. Copies of Yesterday and Today with the “pasteover” cover removed are worth less than copies with the “pasteover” intact — where the thing once of most value remains hidden.
2. The more you remember a memory the less true (authentic?) it is. Radiolab on memory
3. When I went in for my LASIK consultation the doctor explained that since my eyesight is so bad, were they to correct it there I would possibly lose the ability to distinguish shades of grey.
4. “astronomers are finding emigrant planets, lonely orbs that wander the universe with no star, just drifting” — Our Very Normal Solar System Isn’t Normal Anymore
5. sticking 6 men in a “spacecraft” for 520, and them never leaving Earth — MARS-500